Monday, July 7, 2014

July 5th Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch #29

I am super excited to show you what I have been working on with Sketch N Scrap!  Kelli Holifield create this sketch:

http://www.sketchnscrap.blogspot.com/2014/07/card-sketch-29.html

I created my card pretty true to the sketch:

 
Cards are a great way to use up you scraps. 
I cut a piece of Stampin Up Crumb Cake 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock in half, scored one piece in half. 
Then I dug through my bin of scraps.  Since I knew this would be release right after Independence day, I wanted a patriotic theme to it.  I found a piece of retired Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up and a piece of Night of Navy cardstock.  I trimmed the cardstock and sniped the ends to make a banner shape.  Before I added the sentiment portion I drew a white outline with my white Signo pen.   I then stamped the celebrate sentiment using a Papertrey ink stamp and Night of Navy Stampin' Up ink on a piece of whisper white cardstock.  I punched out the sentiment using the Stampin' Up modern label punch. I added 2 real red candy dots on each end.
To add more flair to the card I used the retired Seeing Stars Stamp Set in Real Red, Night of Navy & Whisper White ink.  I had wood veneer star shapes in my stash (I have had them for TOO many years in my stash)  I decided to stamp on the wood veneer stars for added dimension.  The blue rhinestones are from Recollections (Michael's). 
 
I enjoyed using his sketch and hope you stop by the Sketch n Scrap Blog to see all the other wonderful cards the other designers created.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated! Thank you for stopping by AND sharing some love :)