Sunday, August 10, 2014

Inspired by Sketch #8

I don't know about you but every year when my kids take school, dance or sports portraits, I take the previous year pictures out of my picture frames and put the new portraits in the frame.  The older portraits are then thrown into a 12x12 Iris storage container.
My currently scrapbooking project is to get all the school, dance and sports portraits out of the storage box and into my scrapbooks.

So when Kelly Holifield asked me to design a layout for the Sketch N Scrap Inspired by Sketch I was absolutely honored!   I already knew the layout would feature one of the portraits that needs to be in my daughters dance scrapbook.

This photo is from my daughters 2013 Nutcracker Performance.  The pattern paper is from Echo Park's Mini Theme line Le Ballet du Grand.  The crepe flower and polka dot banner was created using Maya Road Crepe paper and a large glue dot.  Fabulous title is from Bella Blvd.
The Blue flower is from a retire Stampin' Up paper line.  Flower and journaling spot is from Fancy Pant's Trendsetter line.



4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! Your daughter is growing up so fast, and how awesome is it that she is still into dancing, what a wonderful past time! I have 2 left feet so I am always amazed at the grace of such beautiful ballerinas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVED creating the sketch from your beautiful layout. I have a feeling I will be using it over and over for the school and sport photos too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors and design...love the big photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ladies! Lisa, I also have 2 left feet so I am in absolute awe when she is on the stage performing.
    Kelly, I have a few more recital/performance pictures to scrap.. you may see more 1 photo layouts in the near future :)
    Lynette, thank you for your kind words :) I always enjoy seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated! Thank you for stopping by AND sharing some love :)